If you are a community group, school or club in our parish you can apply for permission to display a banner on Merrywalks footbridge to promote your event.
To obtain permission events need to fall within the following guidelines:
- In the parish of Stroud
- Organised by local community / not-for-profit groups
- At intervals less frequent than monthly
- Non-profitable / proceeds being donated to charity
- Promoting charitable organisations
- Entertainment / sporting / cultural
- In venues receiving financial assistance from public funds
- Non-party political
- Benefitting the local community
Please note, the town council does not charge for this facility as it is our intention to support community organisations, with limited funds, promoting events in our parish.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to display a banner on Merrywalks footbridge, please complete the following, or call us on 01453 762817 to check availability and request an application form.
- Initial bookings may only be made for two weeks
- If space is available at the end of the booked period an extension may be possible on request
- The banner is to be made of suitable material and securely fastened
- The banner is to be erected on the side of the bridge specified by the Town Council
- The banner must be taken down by the owner at the end of the booked period
- The Town Council accepts no liability for loss or damage to banners at any time
- If the Town Council takes down a banner after a booked period has expired it will be kept for 2 weeks before being disposed of
- Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis
- Bookings are at the discretion of the Town Council
- The Town Council reserves the right to cancel bookings
- Personal data is processed in accordance with the Town Council’s Privacy Notice
Commerical / Business Organisations / Non-parish
These will only be permitted for non-profit events or events where all proceeds are being donated to charity. Bookings will be given on a conditional basis on the understanding that priority is given to community groups / clubs or charitable organisations in the parish of Stroud.
Size and Safety Guidelines
The banner should be no larger than 5m x 1m, made of suitable material and securely fastened. As it is to be placed across the carriageway it should contain a maximum of 12 words with lettering a minimum of 15cm in height so that it can be easily read by passing cars.
Full policy details and guidelines can be downloaded here.