Our Strategy consultation has now closed, but if you have any comments you would like to share with us, please email us.
We have unveiled our five-year strategy for Stroud which sets out where we think we should be going over the next 5 years and beyond.
Before we implement it we would like to hear what Stroud residents, businesses and community organisations think of our ideas and consider how we can work together to achieve our objectives.
It is an ambitious strategy which builds on our history of serving Stroud, and attempts to anticipate what will be needed in the future.
The draft strategy has seven key objectives:
- A carbon neutral town which recognises the limits of the global environment
- A prosperous town in which the economy generates wealth and provides employment opportunities, so that people can secure quality employment.
- A town with healthy function ecosystems that support social, economic and ecological resilience
- A town in which people’s physical and mental wellbeing is maximised
- A town where people can fulfil their potential.
- An attractive, viable, safe and well-connected community.
- A vibrant town, where culture makes a significant contribution to people’s wellbeing and the economy
From these we have identified our priorities and actions.
Now we would like people to give their comments on the proposal to ensure it reflects what the community wants.
“This draft strategy sets out where we think we should be going over the next five years but we would like to hear what Stroud residents, business and community organisations think of our ideas before we implement it,” said Town Mayor Kevin Cranston.
When the consultation has been completed we will prepare a detailed action plan setting out how and when we will deliver the objectives and the required budget.
The online strategy consultation was open from 25th September 2019 to 15th November 2019, but has now closed. You can still let us know what you think by any of the following methods:
- send us an email [email protected]
- Write to us at:
Stroud Town Council
58 London Road
This strategy can only be accomplished by working together in partnership with our District and County Councils, neighbouring parishes and the many community organisations and venues in our town. So we will also be organising engagement events for our many stakeholders to explore how we can work together to achieve our common objectives.