The areas of responsibility of each Committee are defined in their terms of reference as follows:
Finance, Community and Policy Committee
- Management, administration and control of financial affairs (accounts, audit, investments) including risk assessment and insurance, and regular monitoring of expenditure against budget
- Maintenance of Thanet House, Lansdown Hall and any other buildings for which the Council has responsibility
- Advising Council on governance, policy and standing orders
- Health, safety and security of premises, and of staff and other users
- Cultural activities, grants and service level agreements
- Town centre regeneration including festival lights
- Community engagement (other than specifically in relation to Green Spaces)
- Community support, including community grant applications
- Council’s communications strategy and delivery
Members: Cllrs Andrews (Chair), Cranston (Deputy Chair), Arundel, Bloxsom, Davies, Green, Hale, Marjoram, Poulton, Price, Schoemaker.
Green Spaces Committee
- Implementation of Green Spaces strategy
- Management and maintenance of cemeteries (including the Council’s burial service), outdoor recreation areas, gardens, verges, footpaths, churchyards, street furniture and other green spaces under the control of the Council
- Management and maintenance of play equipment
- Health, safety and security of staff and members of the public in relation to green spaces owned or managed by the Council
- Provision of floral displays in town centre
- Provision of play equipment, recreation facilities and new street furniture
- Engagement with Allotments Associations and supervision of agreements between Associations and the Council
- Community engagement in relation to Green Spaces
Members: Cllrs Green (Chair), Poulton (Deputy Chair), Lunnon, Marjoram, Naumann, Sage, Sutton, Thomson, Townley.
- To comment on planning applications as Statutory Consultee
- To comment on licensing applications
- To comment on Highway schemes
- To comment on such other consultations from national, county or district authorities as are likely to impact on the town and environment
- To manage the Walking and Transport budget
- To manage the Shared Spaces budget
Members: Cllrs Arundel (Chair), Hale (Deputy Chair), Campbell, Davies, Poulton, Sage, Schoemaker, Sutton, Townley.
Members: Cllrs Campbell, Cranston, Green.
Members: Cllrs Marjoram, Naumann, Thomson.
Working Groups can include members of the local community and are set up by and report to full council meetings.
Cllrs Arundel, Bloxsom, Green, Marjoram, Townley.
Cllrs Andrews, Bloxsom, Davies, Marjoram.
Lansdown Hall & Gallery:
Cllrs Andrews, Campbell, Schoemaker.
Cllrs Arundel, Bloxsom, Campbell, Cranston, Hale, Schoemaker, Thomson.
Cllrs Green, Hale, Marjoram.
Trinity Pocket Park:
Cllrs Marjoram, Naumann, Poulton, Thomson.
Canals Consultative Group:
Cllrs Bloxsom, Cranston, Price.
Cllrs Marjoram, Naumann.
Hospital League of Friends:
Cllrs Hale, Marjoram.
Cllrs Sutton, Thomson.
Stroud District Youth Forum:
Stroud in Bloom:
Walkers are Welcome:
Cllrs Naumann, Thomson, Townley.